It is Spring time here and the weather is starting to get warmer. Much like the seasons, my MMO interests change. Let's take a look at this months forecast.
- Champions Online. Superhero's, Character Customization and more action oriented combat are all very high on my interest list these days. With CO slated to come out relatively soon, I just can't get enough information about it.
- Warhammer Online. Although I haven't been writing about it as much, I am still very interested in WAR. With the large 1.2.1 patch coming out and the Land of the Dead ramping up for early this summer, things are looking pretty good.
- Eve Online. I have actually been playing Eve the most over the past few weeks. Even so, it is a tough game to stick with, as it really feels like work sometimes. I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep playing, but right now it is fun.
- Star Trek Online. I am a big Trek fan, so I am eagerly awaiting this MMO. If we were anywhere near its release, it would be HOT. Based on the information we have been getting about the game, it appears we still have quite a bit of time to go.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic. This one is bordering between warm and chilly. I like Bioware and I like Star Wars. However, they have released so little gameplay information that it is hard to get excited.
- World of Warcraft. I have not been playing WoW much lately. My character is sitting at 79 and I do not have any real motivation to continue. The raiding life just isn't for me. The upcoming 3.1 patch looks very good, but really it doesn't give me a reason to play.
- Star Wars Galaxies. SWG is another game I want to like. I love many of the game systems (housing, Beast Master, Space). The dev crew there has been putting out some nice updates too. The game just feels too old and the community just isn't there.
- Lord of the Rings. LOTR is another game I've dabbled with. If I had more time, I may actually play it a bit more. However it really falls too close to WoW. I'm not going to be a raider, so really what is the point?
- Darkfall. DF is an interesting game. Due to the fact there has been no North American release and it is so hard to even get an account, it has to fall under cold. If it were more established, I may give it a try. In the mean time, I do enjoy reading about the game over at Syncaine and Keen.
- Chronicles of Spellborn. As I wrote here, there is just nothing about this game that really sets it apart from the pack.
- Ryzom. Interesting game but just too much in flux and dated for me.