This week has been pretty quiet as far as WAR news goes. With Gamescom rapidly approaching, I suspect Mythic is busy preparing for it and the 1.3.6 patch. The community remains active, especially with anticipation of the 'announcement.'
- Against All Odds will be tested on the PTS tonight at 8pm EDT. There will also be a Q&A after the test, so be sure to stick around.
- Drop by and say hi to Helltrek who started up a new WAR blog.
- Gaarawarr writes about the new Weekend Warfront rewards. While not my ideal rewards, the new medals are an improvement. I hope to complete one of these again soon.
- Helltrek takes a look at the Producer's Letter and Carrie's interview with buffed.de. He is pretty excited, what will the big news be? Less than two weeks to go!
- Are scenario numbers worthwhile or just plain dumb? I agree with Bootae that they are mostly meaningless. A lot of actions just can't be scored. The win is all that really matters.
- In preparation of WAR's announcement, Krosuss takes a look at the Skaven. They may seem like just talking rats, but their lore is pretty interesting. Will they be a full fledged faction or just a member of one of the current ones?
- Is the big announcement a brand new type of mount? Butterfly mounts to be specific. Actually, they would fit perfectly for those sissy elves. Yea, I said it. We all have been thinking it.
- Taransula posted screenshots of all the Witch Elf Sovereign armor set stats. That's quite a lot of stats for such skimpy clothing.
- Rancid isn't a big fan of the Auction House in WAR. I agree on some points, but WAR isn't really about the economy for me. I just want it to enhance my fighting options, which is seems to do.
- Rank-n-vile continues his journey though WAR's PvE. I'm a little jealous, as I have only experienced a small part of the WAR story. It's just that RvR is too addicting, I can't break away! There must be a 12 step program somewhere.
- Thrangis emerges from the sewer. So that's what that smell is.
- Jouvifilms shows off a Chosen fighting it out in Serpent's Passage. I've always been impressed with the Chosen artwork. Some of their gear looks amazing.
- Another Chosen video, this time with a bit more info about how the character is setup. He has an interesting UI too, although I'm not a fan of bars in the middle of the screen.
- Hudson shows off some video of Chosen (yea, it is a Chosen kinda day) doing a myriad of low level activities. Other classes are included, so it's not all Chosen.