I got to play about an hour or so of Fallout 3 last night. Everything went smooth, except exiting which locked up the PC. I really wish I had ordered the 360 version, but life goes on. So here are some thoughts:
- Great style and a nice change from fantasy.
- Graphics are pretty good, but I was only in the bunker. The real graphics are outside.
- Story is good so far.
- The 'growing up' way was an interesting character development method. Seeing everyone else age along with me was good.
- I hate Butch.
- VATS (the targeting) is pretty neat, only used it a few times though.
- Butch got his in the end, yay for open gameplay.
- It really seems as if you will return to the bunker at some point, as there were things to do that required some high skills.
- Post-Apocalyptic Greasers.