Since I have started playing Wrath of the Lich King, I set up some ground rules:
- I will read every quest. In the past, I have been known to skim over the quest dialog. This time I will read every single quest I accept. Level 80 is pretty my the end of the game for me, so I hope to get a good story at least.
- No QuestHelper. I will not use any addons like QuestHelper. Don't get me wrong, I really like QuestHelper, and I would certainly use it for an alt. Since the content is new, I do not just want to rush from point A to point B.
- No crafting. If I see a mineral node I will mine it, but I will not 'farm' anything. Blacksmithing is a harsh mistress, and is actually not very fun for me. If I need an item, and I have the materials I will craft it, but other than that, no effort put into crafting.
- No Reputation. Sure those rep vendors have some nice stuff, but I will not go out of my way to earn their favor. Really, what is the point? I will not be raiding and any pre-80 equipment will be replaced.
- Do what is fun. Probably the most important rule. If at any time I start to not enjoy myself, move on from that activity or enlist some help.
(WAR Note: I did play some WAR last night too and have WAR-related posts in the works)