Summer is in full swing here. That means things have slowed down a bit for many companies. People go on vacation, conferences and just slack off in general. I'm probably guilty of it but who can blame me when it is so nice outside? That is why we have vacation hours. The summer has also crossed over to my video game playing.
I've decided to take some time in the coming weeks to clear out some of my backlog of games. I think it'll be a nice change of pace from my normal routine. So, what is on my plate?
- Warhammer Online. I know, you're surprised. I'll still be playing WAR regularly but a few of my game sessions will be devoted to other games.
- Fallen Earth. It's still my #2 MMO, which I will often play on the weekends.
- Mass Effect 2. I really want to finish up the new DLC content and other lingering missions. Such a great game.
- The Saboteur. Sadly, this was the final game from Pandemic Studios. It is actually a lot of fun so far. An Irishman in Paris fighting Nazi's, if that doesn't say summer fun I don't know what does.
- Hearts of Iron 3: Semper Fi. Speaking of Nazi's, I checked out the latest expansion pack for HOI3. My Italian campaign is going very well and I'm enjoying many of the new features.
- Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. These 2 FPS's have been sitting in my game pile for quite a while now. They are both highly acclaimed, so I really want to knock out their single player campaigns.
- Tropico 3. Since I've already taken my vacation for the year, Tropico is the closest I'll get to another. It's actually relaxing in a way, since it doesn't take itself too serious.