When not on the computer, refreshing various websites for news that never comes, I enjoy reading. One book I recently finished was 'The Name of the Wind' by Patrick Rothfuss. My favorite book genre, by far, is Science Fiction. This time I decided to branch out into some fantasy.
- Original setting, no elves to be found here.
- Magic is very low key and difficult requiring much training.
- Characters are interesting, nothing really cookie-cutter or cliche.
- Author is developing a rich world in terms of history and lore.
- Adult themes, but nothing very explicit or gruesome (read: This is not Harry Potter)
- First book of a larger series (trilogy?)
- Now that I have finished, I am eagerly awaiting the next volume.
- Writing style was smooth and easy to read.