After a few weeks off, News from the Front has returned! Since it was a slow few weeks, he decided to take off to some tropical destination. Of course, News from the Front left me here in the cold. But now that WAR is picking back up, it is time to get going again.
- Andy gave us some insight into what the staff is currently up to.
- Steven responds to a heal debuff stacking issue and some of the changes coming to the WP/DoK careers.
- A hot fix was released which solves the Rank 84 lag issue.
- Grimnir takes a look back at WAR in 2010. For me, it was a pretty good year. I played WAR quite a bit and had a great time.
- Thehealeroftru contemplates (yea, something like that) becoming a Core Tester. Looks like a good application to me!
- Bootae and Thanquol are on the outs. I hope they do make changes to the instance, as I don't even think about going into it anymore. I'd much rather stay and fight in the lakes.
- Skar takes a look at the new scenario weapon costs. I do think these should have been included in the 1.4 patch too. Better late than never I guess.
- Mr. Meh gives a breakdown of battle tactics in a fight with a White Lion. DoK's are tough for my Engy since we were not really meant to kite. Their self-heal and cleanse also prove to be a challenge.
- Mykiel looks back at WAR's 1.4 patch. Rant warning, but a good read for a Friday.
- Video of a Chosen soloing in tier 4. It is actually very entertaining, with the odd choice of music and a ton of knocking people off of cliffs.
- Another Chosen video, this one is RR83. Extra points here for using Metallica songs.
- A Marauder from Badlands. I think I have fought him recently, where I probably died. Have not heard that song in a while.
- A Witch Hunter wreaking some havoc to 8bit music. I especially like 8bit Salt-n-Pepa.