This weekend I watched Dark Knight on Blu-Ray. I had never seen it in theaters but heard a lot of good things. I was a little worried that it would not live up to the hype, but thankfully it did. This was probably one of the best movies I have seen this year, which is saying something as it has been a good year for movies.
The picture and sound were top notch. Although for movies like this, I wish I had a projector and a 100" screen. Ah well, the next iteration of my TV area will have one. Sadly, that day is years off. On the bright side, the projectors will be very nice and even more affordable by that time.
*** Spoiler Warning ***
Some random thoughts:
- Batman's voice seems a lot more horse than in the first movie.
- That banker keeps a shotgun in his desk... nice.
- The joker character was very well done. I liked Nicholson's version and I think this was just as good.
- Good to see Zeus and Anthony Michael Hall around. This movie had a lot of people in it.
- IMDB does not show a third entry being made, but I would think they would make one.
- Did they leave the door open for the Joker character to return? It seems he could have his own movie, although without Ledger it may not work.
- Who could be the villain (s) in the third movie? Yet another Catwoman? A new take on the Penguin? A sick and twisted Riddler might be interesting. Maybe a brand new villain?