Thursday, July 31, 2008

Newsletter delayed, Dwarf dismayed

I am not sure what is going on with Mythic as of late. Did the CEO pass down a directive that only bad news can be released? The two things that stand out in my mind now are the feature 'adjustments' and now the delayed newsletter. They really have not given us anything of note information wise lately.

With the release date getting close, which they have neither confirmed or denied, it is an odd strategy. No more beta invites have been given out this week... after the extravaganza last week. That could be either good or bad. I was thinking good since the newsletter was due out this week, but now I am not so sure.

The information flow is looking like my lawn, brown and dying. Please water it :)

UPDATE: _heartless got this from gamestop:

"Open Beta Access: Be one of the first players to experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR! Open Beta will run from September 3, 2008 at 10am EST until September 12, 2008 at 10am EST."

Why do we get more information from Gamestop than we do from Mythic? Either squash this or admit it! It isn't just a site posting a shipping date anymore that is easily ignored as a rumor.


I would be concerned if it wasn't for the fact that the newsletter has been delayed before. And there may be a big announcement that can make up for the delay. Though, I predict, that people will still be angry about something.

I wouldn't say that I am angry. They have been quite busy this month with being on the road, which is understandable.

It is more of a cumulative frustration due to the lack of information. I don't expect much from the newsletter next week. If they had huge news to announce, like the NDA lifting or release date, there is no reason they would have to wait to put it in a newsletter.

Gamestop keeps switching their information around. If Gamestop is right I feel less special about open beta and I plan on ordering myself a regular and cancelling my CE when open beta starts ofcourse. I am not going to chance my open beta or headstart on rumors but I'd it comes true I am surely paying $30 less.

My plans are not changing either, I will stick with the CE. I would just like come certainty amongst the confusion.

Post a Comment