It's no secret that I love myself some space games. That's why I was excited to hear that indie developer, Soldak Entertainment, was working on one. Soldak is known for its extremely dynamic action RPG's, and now they want to bring that to a space game. Their new project is titled Drox Operative, a space action RPG.
Basically, you take on the roll of a spaceship captain who can pick and choose which faction he supports or works against. Since this is a dynamic world, they will all be vying for control with or without you with often unexpected results. That makes the game a whole lot more interesting, since each time you start a new one it is different.
Here are some other features:
- Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
- Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
- Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
- Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
- Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
- Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
- Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer