I'm a sucker for space games, especially ones that have a focus on exploration. A few days ago, a Massively post about a game called Ascent appeared in my Twitter feed. I was not sure whether to click on it, but I am glad I did. I found out about a new(ish) game called Ascent.
Ascent is a MMO developed by two intrepid and motivated gentlemen. Unlike many games these days, this was not a post about a Kickstarter for some project in the future. Instead, it was about a game I could play right now and was also free.
"Werit, I don't have time to read these paragraphs so just tell me what the game is all about in bullet point form." You got it!
- You start with your choice of ship, combat or trading.
- Trade, Combat, Manufacturing, Research.
- 270 Billion Star Systems. Yes, you read that right.
- Procedural Generated Star Systems and Planets. Real Exploration.
- Build on these planets
- Asteroid Mining, Gas Collection from Gas Giants
- PvE Focused.
- Build your own Star Base.
You can go play the game, for free, at: http://www.thespacegame.com/