Believe it or not, Warhammer Online is 4 years old now. On September 14th, 2008 the Head Start period began. While the game may or may not have met peoples expectations, it is still chugging along. Four years is a long time to play a game. The Mythic team has a birthday gift in the works, I'm just not sure exactly when we will receive it.
In honor of the anniversary, my post from that day.
My non-beta adventure in Warhammer Online officially began on Sunday with the Collectors Edition Head Start. Originally, they had planned to start it at 7am EDT, then 1pm, then 12. That worked out fine for me, as I did not have to get up early or anything.
Me and my fellow CoW's logged in as soon as the servers un-grey'd. I was able to secure 2 names I wanted, so that is good. I was on the Order side and had no queuing issues that others have had.
A recap of what I did:
- Werit the Dwarven Engineer arrives in Ekrund to take up the Oathbearer cause.
- Achieved battle Rank 5 and Renown Rank 4.
- Did most of the starting quests.
- Did the first PQ a couple times and maximized my Chapter 1 influence. Best finish was #3.
- Found a Plunger! It told me it was not secret enough and to go find others.
- Read through all of my Tome entries. Very neat stuff in there.
- Picked up Scavenging and Talisman making.
- Did a few Gates of Ekrund scenarios.
- Guild reached Rank 2 when I logged off.
- Total play time was about 2.5 hours.
That about covers it for Day 1.